Ever been somewhere like Church, or the library and need a tissue, but the rattling of the plastic is just WAY to disrupting? I know I have! My National Craft Month project for day one is a great solution: The Silent Tissue Holder!
1. Cut two pieces of fabric (one for the outside and one for the inside) at 7 1/2" by 6"
2. Cut one out of a thin batting or something similar at the same measurements for the lining.
3. Cut two strips of ribbon or lace at 6"
I used an old fleece sweatshirt of my sons for the lining.
4. Pin the ribbon/lace on both 6" sides *NOTE* : I pinned it backward the first time and
forgot to take a pic. after I fixed it! SO.....pin the lace facing IN, not OUT!
5. attatch ribbon/lace about 1/4 inch from edge with at straight stitch.
(again, the pic is backward!)
7. Place the batting on the wrong side of the lining fabric.
8. then lay the two on top of the other fabric..good sides facing each other.
9. Stitch together down 6'sides ONLY.
10. Turn right side out.
11. fold the lace ends over toward the middle (like a piece of tri-fold paper)
They should overlap so there is no gap on the finished product.
12 Stitch down the sides.
13. Clip corners
14. Turn right-side-out and fill with tissues...and VOILA....a SILENT tissue holder!